Sunday 28 April 2013

Whistler and Dessert for Dinner




We headed up to Whistler Mountain last weekend, it turned out to a beautiful day. It was a little grey at first, but I can assure you it was bright and sunny most of the day! Beautiful. 


Since we didn't have time to head back down for lunch, we were hoping to find a snack to tide us over until dinner. Luckily for us, Whistler has vegan options! At the roundhouse there was vegan soup and various rice bowls. We both chose the African Peanut and Yam soup. Shaky ski legs and cafeteria trays make for a messy bowl photo. 


I don't normally get anything from tea shops when we are out. Yes I'm thrifty, but, downtown for a show we had some time to kill. I discovered an awesome Vanilla Rooibos tea at Starbucks. Even better with a splash of soy milk. 


My parents bought a new toaster made by Krups. They are really liking it so I thought I'd share. The knobs are sturdy, it doesn't take up much space and thick buns fit easily.    


Before I went for a run, I threw some yams rounds in the oven and dusted them with cinnamon. 40 minutes at 375° degrees, perfect. 


Spinach and Jonagold apple salad before dinner. 


Yam rounds with left over apple (from the salad) and a side of apple sauce, dusted with cinnamon. The apples provided nice texture contrast to the buttery roasted yams and creamy apple sauce. I love a dessert dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment