Friday 19 April 2013

The Market and Engine 2 Lasagna




Langley Farm Market always has gorgeous apples, like the above Ambrosia's. Another favorite we watch out for are Gala's. This market usually brings in apples from the Okanagan, reminding me of summers driving to the interior to visit relatives.  


I usually wash the apples in baking soda and water before putting them in the fridge. We can just grab and eat. 


Loaded up on sweet potatoes, yams and yukon gold potatoes. I've already used quite a few of the sweet potatoes and yams, roasting them my favorite way


We got ambitious the other night and decided to make a lasagna. I've been wanting to try the Engine 2 Raise the Roof Sweet Potato Lasagna for quite some time. I love a lasagna packed full of veggies, so I was sure this recipe fit the bill.  And fit the bill it did. Note: his side we topped with ground cashews, mine with tomatoes and nutritional yeast.

The veggie mix prior to assembling the lasagna, such pretty colors. 


This lasagna was awesome, so hearty with sweetness from the corn, potatoes and tomato sauce. We will definitely be making it again and we'll pick up a bit more pasta sauce next time. We were a bit short, but it still turned out quite moist. Thanks for the delicious recipe Engine 2

No comments:

Post a Comment