Tuesday 9 April 2013

Baby It's Not So Cold Outside





Spring is here and summer should be on it's way. I'm already freezing grapes, pretending that it's summer. These babies resemble little portable popsicles, so refreshing.


Ripe bananas ready for the freezer. I peel these first and store them in a glad container. No need to worry about freezer burn, they are used within days for chocolate banana ice cream for me and smoothies for him. 


Isn't this dragon fruit pretty?! And it tasted so...not good. I has a sad. I think I should buy my next one from a market, not a major grocery store. 


We went to a friends last weekend and they had this beautiful plate of veggies ready for us! 


To go with the veggies were two vegan dips. This one is artichoke and olives, it was hearty and naturally salty, so yummy. 


This one was a rosemary white bean dip. I loved the rosemary with the cracked pepper on top. The spices were amazing with the simplicity of the white beans. I will have to ask for the recipes! 


A recent dinner my husband and I made. Spelt penne pasta with a basic tomato sauce including, garlic powder, onion powder, pinto beans and artichokes. I really enjoyed extra substance from the beans and artichokes. 


One of my favorite oatmeal bowls is triple berry oatmeal. It reminds me of a cobbler or crisp. I prepare whatever oats I have on hand, add a few tbsps of apple sauce, about 3/4 cup triple berry mix and microwave for a couple minutes. I topped it with unsweetened almond milk, cinnamon and nutmeg. 



No comments:

Post a Comment