Monday 4 March 2013

7 Foods I'm Loving Right Now


I've seen other bloggers do these types of posts and I quite enjoy it. It gives me ideas of what to watch out for when shopping, can inspire me to be healthier and give me ideas for new recipes to try. So here it is, 7 things I'm loving right now:



President's Choice Easy to Peel Mandarin oranges. These little babies ARE easy to peel, for real. They are also a convenient and mess free snack.



Mann's snap peas. I don't buy these all the time as they can be a bit pricey. I do pick them up when they're on sale or marked down and am never disappointed. Crunchy, fresh and no yucky strings.



My husband and I love dates as a sweet treat. I often chop one up and sprinkle it over a bowl of Shredded Wheat with almond milk for dessert. He will split one in half and stuff it with almonds, walnuts or peanut butter.



Nutritional Yeast is a healthy way to add a cheesy flavor without weighing you down. I add it to rice, soups, salads, sandwiches, wraps, pizza etc...


My favorite way to use these beans is in a soup, specifically minestrone. The medley consists of red & white kidney beans, romano beans, baby lima beans, chickpeas and black eyed peas.


Chili Garlic Sauce. I use this spicy condiment in stir frys and noodle soups. 


Bragg All purpose Liquid Seasoning. I use this as soy sauce, sparingly, as it is quite salty. The only complaint I have is about the container, it always leaks. 


Mixing.

Going in to the oven.

Perfect.
This is kind of an eighth thing...On the weekend I made Happy Herbivore's Apple Crisp Muffins from HHC for my parents. They said "perfect". I agree. I used 2 small gala apples, they worked very well in this recipe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment